- Framework for Adaptive Projects
- Agile software development
- Lean Development
- 10 Steps
- Crystal Method
- Prince 2
This list contains many different frameworks and methodologies. To anyone who is overwhelmed by the many ways to “get r Dun”, my general advice would be to follow these steps: Be purposeful about Your Career Path Amazon.com WidgetsI wouldn’t be too concerned learning every system or methodology. I haven’t reviewed everything on this list. ?There are some I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of.
- Take a look at where you work right now. What are your options for gaining experience? What do they use? If your short-term career milestone requires a certain methodology or framework, get to understand it. ?Be curious. ?Read their documentation if they have it. Ask to volunteer your time (unpaid). Your pay is for the learning and networking opportunities. You may also find a great mentor.
- Look at the company or department that you work in, or want to work in in the next 2-5 years. Find out what their methods are. While there are some general principles of project management that can be applied to all implementations, others may be more applicable.
- You can also learn a little bit about each one and then pick the one you find most interesting. Learn more about the one you are interested in. You can get into a niche market by becoming an expert in a particular way of doing things (that you enjoy). It’s easier to learn the one you love once you have it down.
I hope you found this helpful! Leave a comment to share your thoughts with the community!